Personal information is processed in accordance with current South African data privacy laws including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion, and will be applied to any personal information provided by you and/or collected through our website.
(2) Processing of Personal Information
Personal information will only be processed for purposes of legitimate core business interests.
We may collect personal information
- when you contact us directly, either via our website, our customer service teams, by e-mail, telephone or via social media.
- from our carefully selected business partners
- from other third parties who may lawfully pass your information on to us.
(3) Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We may collect and use personal information
- to provide or manage any information, products and/or services that you have requested;
- to help us identify you when you contact us;
- for general administration purposes;
- for legal or contractual purposes;
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- to help us recover debts;
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling; and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you
- to inform you about our products and services
We may share your personal information for any of these purposes with
- our carefully selected business partners
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if
- we are obliged to provide such information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings,
- we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you;
- we are involved in the prevention of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption;
- they perform services and process personal information on our behalf;
- this is required in order to provide or manage any information, products and/or services to you; or
- needed to help us improve the quality of our products and services.
We will send you notifications or communications if we are obliged by law or in terms of our contractual relationship with you.
We will only disclose your personal information to government authorities if we are required to do so by law.
We will only transfer your personal information across South African borders if the relevant situation requires trans-border processing and will do so only in accordance with South African legislative requirements, or if you consent to transfer of your personal information to third parties in foreign countries. We will take steps to ensure that such third parties are bound by laws, binding corporate rules or binding agreements that provide an adequate level of protection and uphold principles for reasonable and lawful processing of personal information.
(4) Additional Contacts (Further processing)
We may use your personal information to contact you with news on other products and services (provided by us or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes. We will only send you marketing communications if you give us your agreement to do so.
We may contact you by telephone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means selected by you.
Your participation is completely voluntary. Should you not consent to the receipt of marketing communications, you can inform us at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discontinue these services accordingly.
(5) Information Quality/Openness/Data Subject Participation
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of personal information at all times.
If your personal information changes at any time or our records appear to be incorrect, please inform us immediately in order that we may update or correct our records accordingly.
6) Security Safeguards
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction.
Third party information
If you are under 18 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and quality assessment purposes.
We endeavour to keep our website secure at all times, however advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, e-mail, internet or social media. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, and we are not responsible for the content, privacy or security of other websites.
(7) Social Plugins
We use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter.
Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and we can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plugins.
For information on purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.